CONSTRUCTION SERVICES GROUP
Construction Services was established to assist the Project Team and implementation of a process that will provide quality control, cost control and consistency on each project. The process is focused on the execution of the installation and monitoring of project cost.
They can provide the following services:
Design/Build gives us the ability to work hand-in-hand with general contractors or directly with property management companies, developers and property owners. By adhering to the same high standards and forward thinking we apply to our more complicated projects, such as Lucas Oil Stadium and the Indianapolis Airport, we have a reputation of preventing concerns in design before they become problems for your construction and renovation projects. Utilizing our design build / design assist services can save time, money and headaches.
ERMCO has been a leader in the electrical industry for the implementation of AutoCAD for coordination and installation drawings for a number of years. While BIM is a relatively new process for this area of the country ERMCO was involved in using BIM for 3D coordination on a major Hospital Project in the Indianapolis area during the last two years and are working on four major projects using 3-D modeling. Our Construction Services Department has attended several workshops on BIM and continues to become more and more proficient with the process.
We utilize AutoCAD MEP 2010, Revit, and Navisworks software.
- Assist the project design team in identifying the most cost effective means, methods and materials to meet the projects goals as well as insuring the constructability of the design.
- Provide budget input through the design process and overall updating of the budget as the design progresses.
- Evaluation of value engineering items that will benefit the Owner while not compromising the design or functionally of the building.
- Through review of construction document to insure coordination of disciplines and avoid mistakes and re-work in the field.
- A complete review of means and methods to be used on the project to insure a cost effective and schedule minded approach is implemented.
- Identify pre-fabrication opportunities for the project, this will not only reduce final installation cost but improved on schedule, reduce the peak of manpower on the site and reduce the amount of material stored and handled.
- Prepare detailed man-loaded CPM schedule for the project and up-date as needed.
- Provide detailed AutoCad layout drawings for coordination and final installation drawings for the field labor.
PROJECT PROFILE - Union Hospital
This project is one of the first in Indiana to be completed using 3-D modeling technology. ERMCO’s construction services team worked to insert all the electrical installation components into the model provided by the general contractor. The number one advantage of this process is the way it increases field efficiency. An issue that could take days to fix when discovered during actual installation can be resolved in a matter of minutes when found with the 3-D model.