Indiana State Fairgrounds 4-H Building

Indianapolis, IN
Owner: Indiana State Fairgrounds Commission
Scope: Electrical
Completion: 2004
Value: $1,000,000

Dow AgroSciences LLC provided a $250,000 gift to the Indiana State Fairgrounds to revitalize the third building in the 4-H Complex, formerly a girls' dormitory which was closed in 1990. Rehabilitation of the building, to be named Discovery Hall, will be complete in time for the 2008 Indiana State Fair and will become the center for multiple types of educational units focused on biotechnology and life sciences. The three buildings in the 4-H Complex on the northwest side of the Fairgrounds were originally built in 1938-39 as part of the federal Works Progress Administration (WPA); renovations on the complex's other two buildings, 4-H Exhibit Hall and Centennial Hall, were completed in 2004.

ERMCO also did the electrical work for the three major animal pavilion buildings at the fairgrounds and do all electrical maintenance and hookups year round for the many events held there.