The Pre-Fabrication Group is responsible for the following tasks associated with supporting construction projects:
- Cutting and paralleling all 600v cable prior to shipment to the projects
- Complete the manufacture of all pre-fabricated assemblies ordered by the field management team
- Coordinate with the Construction Services Group to complete the manufacture of all assemblies designed by this group
- Coordinate the packaging of their finished product in the most efficient manner possible
- General wood working and welding for temporary electric services
- Building of wood shelving, material storage boxes and plan tables as well as construction trailer steps and platforms
A high level of quality assurance is a priority in the Pre-Fabrication department as well as in the field where it is continuously monitored by all levels of project personnel. The attached article by Darlene Bremer explains the benefits to the process of prefabrication.
—Greg Gossett, Vice President,
PROJECT PROFILE - Central Library
Our prefabrication department was key to the success of this project. With challenging on-site scheduling and a lot of unique and custom features, many of the components were constructed and stored in our pre-fab facilities, and then delivered to the jobsite for "just-in-time" installation.